500g cod and haddock fish mince 4 baby leeks sliced thinly ½ red onion diced 1 lime grated and juice 1 teaspoon dried parsley 1 large egg 50g fine matzo meal
Salt and pepper 1 litre vegetable oil for frying
100g plain wholemeal flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 105 mls full fat milk 105 mls water Salt and pepper
Yogurt Snipped chives Pomegranate seeds
- Place in a large bowl the mince, leeks, onion, lime, parsley, egg, matzo meal and mix together.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and with wet hands form into small balls.
- Leave to one side on a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan. Mix the batter together and with two teaspoons roll the fish balls in the batter and then place in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and remove with a slotted spoon. Place on kitchen towel to soak up excess oil. When ready to serve put six on a plate and drizzle with yogurt. Sprinkle over chives and pomegranate seeds.