3kg all purpose flour
1l sunflower oil
200ml apple acid
0,.5kg ground poppyseeds
3kg apples– very important to get NON-JUICY type of apples
Bowls for fillings (3pieces). Big clean linen towel. Rolling pin, baking paper Cling film, baking tin Disperser.
- Combine water, oil and salt.
- Mix with flour and knead until smooth and elastic (this may take 10 minutes or more).
- Form a bun, spread with oil and pack into cling film and let rest (at least ½ hour).
- Cover table with linen cloth and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Turn dough out onto cloth. Roll with a rolling pin until 1/2cm thick.
- Brush top with oil (you can use disperser) and work your way around the table, stretching dough as thinly as possible with the backs or palms of hands.
- With sharp knife cut off the thick edges.
- Brush or sprinkle oil on the entire surface of the dough.
- Place a strip of filling of choice at one long edge of strudel dough.
- Fold dough in from sides, brush folded-in sides with oil and use the cloth to roll the dough away from you into a cylinder.
- Brush the exposed surface of the strudel each time you roll if desired, or just use the tablecloth to roll once.
- Place strudel on a baking sheet, brush tops of strudels with oil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden.