Nutty seed salted chocolate bark
This is a recipe you will want to make time and time again – it is so easy and the bought equivalent is incredibly expensive. You can make it for gifts or enjoy when you need a chocolate fix.
Vary the toppings with dried cranberries, pistachio nuts, chopped apricots, and shredded coconut.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours to set – Cooking Time: 20 minute
Ingredients (Serves: 4- 6 people)
- 75g raw hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkins seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Saltneys salt
- 225g chopped plain chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F / Gas mark 6.
- Place the hazelnut and pumpkin seeds on an oven tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place the sesame seeds on an oven tray and roast for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the seeds together and add the salt and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted and completely smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a parchment paper– smooth out into a thin even layer.
- Evenly sprinkle seed mixture over chocolate.
- Let stand at room temperature until set, 2 hours or more.
- Break into pieces.
- Store airtight in refrigerator.