Gefiltefest, founded by Michael Leventhal in 2010, is a charity that explores Jewish heritage, tradition & culture through the medium of food. Our flagship event is the annual Jewish Food Festival.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to bring people together to explore the relationship between Judaism and food, educating and enthusing them about all aspects of Jewish food including our culinary heritage, ethics, culture and traditions.
- Celebrating, promoting and reviving the richness of Jewish culinary traditions.
- Providing opportunities for food-related learning.
- Encouraging the Jewish community to engage with ethical issues including sustainability, food waste and poverty.
- Using food to create a greater understanding of Jewish identity, faith and customs within and beyond the Jewish community.
Jonathan Teacher is a corporate lawyer and a graduate of the Florence Melton Jewish education programme.
Saul Doctor works in the financial sector as a research analyst by day and by nights he engages in the ancient arts of barbecuing and fermenting. Thankfully he has a tolerant wife who puts up with a house filled with pickling jars and smoke.
Orna Joseph joined the Board of Trustees in early 2016. Her background is in marketing and communications and she is an avid visitor of many a food festival.
Emma Wolfin Golding is the festival manager and can be reached at email@example.com. She joins Gefiltefest with a wealth of event management experience under her belt.
We are delighted to be supported by JHub and The Shoresh Charitable Trust.
Gefiltefest is a resident organisation at JHub.
JHub inspires and supports positive social change in the British Jewish Community and beyond. Working with people and organisations who share a commitment to Jewish values, it:
- Offers space for people to work, meet and learn
- Provides resources, development, training and events
- Champions the work and voice of social change organisations
- JHub is an operating programme of Pears Foundation
Gefiltefest is a registered charity. Our charity number is: 1149500.
Gefiltefest is supported by:
Shoresh Charitable Trust